Hosted by Tuhi, this is an introduction workshop learning about the phases of the maramataka (Māori lunar cycle), the significance of this traditional mātauranga (knowledge) and with practical ideas and activities your everyday life with your whānau and in your mahi with a focus on people and our emotions.
The workshop is facilitated by Mihi Tibble (Ngāti Porou, Te Whānau ā Apanui, Te Arawa, Ngāti Awa) and Geneva Harrison (Ngāti Kahu, Te Rarawa, Te Aupouri). A number of resources are provided and with the workbook being sent to you on completion of registration.
The workshop will cover:
– our journey and inspiration,
– provide an overview of maramataka and the importance of observations
– a walk through the key phases of the maramataka
– the related atua for certain phases and
– interactive group sessions
You will need to bring a pen and colouring pencils!